Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

And it is a new year! Happy 2010. Time to do it again.

Yes, lose some of the weight again. I haven't officially been on my scale, but I would venture to say I have 40 pounds to lose AGAIN of the 90 I lost before. Plus a few more. I am going the whole WAY! I blame the weight on me, what I shoved in there. My injury. My downer eat everything I can to make it feel better. Nobody forced me. I did it. I will lose it again.

A bruise to the old ego, but hey. I have done it before, and before that. Thankfully running will get me back on track. I am almost finished my 10 week learn to run program. I have officially registered (this morning) for the half marathon clinic. A bit nervous, but I know I can do it. I will put trust in my body to get me through.

Today also marks 5 years of running with the RR. And so today my friend Louise (from the very first FWO clinic ran with me today too!) We have been friends for 5 years. I just love how wonderfully supportive she is, and has such a profound and happy effect in my life. She's a keeper! Love you Louise!! Thank you! xo

Tomorrow, like many of the other people in the world embark on their weightloss/fitness goals. I too will get started tomorrow. I plan on it! I did it before, I will do it this year too! I plan on an injury free year! Not running for over 7 months was challenging, and depressing for me.

Not this year, it is starting off with a bang! I am so excited about this year! As I get closer to 40, I know I want to be in the best shape of my life. I want to get so healthy and fit! I want muscles. So, I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I have been visualizing myself as the 'smaller' me. The healthier version of me. This current version has too much padding, and I don't like it one bit. It is true when 'they' say nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. I truly feel this is the truth.

From Today:

6.10k
43:27
547 calories burned
And a hill too! I can feel that in my abs right now, and my legs. Running hills. Awesome (so I tell myself this right now) It will get better. It will get easier. With each pound I drop, the better I will feel. And the hills will get easier. Running with an extra 40 pounds up a hill=NOT fun.

I am hoping that on May 2nd, 2010. (My half marathon race date) that I will be back to 150 pounds (or less) and able to run my time of my first half marathon in Victoria, or *better* my fingers are crossed, and I am going to do everything in my power to get there! I still want to prove everybody wrong and run a marathon. Hopefully within the next two years. When I turn the big *40*

S0, today all the crappy crap food goes into the garbage. All of my good habits will start tomorrow, and I will not waver. I am doing this.

Time to go get showered, and buy some groceries.

I will be posting regularly again. I will take my before photos, and I will post my current weight, and body measurements. I have to be accountable, and this blog is the place to do it.

I totally HATE the way I look and feel. I do not like this padded version of my formerly fit self. I have let myself down, and I want to be a positive role model to my family. I cannot wait to do it!

Cheers!

Cathy xo

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you are going to run a marathon! it is a great goal to have. I know you are going to run because you have determination and perseverance :) looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete