Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Plan

Well, Cliff and I have entered another weight loss competition (this time with many running friends and their spouses etc.) We will put in 100 dollars (50 per couple) and first prize takes 500, second, 100 and third prize takes 50 dollars. Our plan is to take first and second...that will pay for our yearly trip to Victoria and a little bit more. 

The group has already started, and we are late joiners. We joined because they extended their contest, and not a lot of them were losing weight so, we thought now is our time to get lean again. I am sad that my size five/sixes are a distant memory. And the button popped off my lucky 7's. And my eights...muffin top. Time to strike back! Take control back. I had my fun, and now I am DONE. I am ready to be the best Cathy I can be!

I/we will weigh in and measure tomorrow night (Sunday), and my 'plan' starts on Monday morning. Although my plan and formulations have already been turning in my head for a week or two already. 

I plan on documenting this whole experience here on this blog. Hopefully on a daily basis.

We have TEN weeks. Ten weeks to lose as much as we can! I cannot WAIT to get started!

{The Plan}

*Run: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and long run Sundays.
*Jazzercise: Monday, Tuesday morning, Thursday morning and Thursday night 
(that gives me good cardio and weigh/strength training that I really need!)
*Extra cardio:  Friday and Saturday (at least half hour of something...)
(My cardio will be daily--perfect for fat burning!)

Eat:
*Whole grains, veggies, fruits, lean protein (based on the YOU Diet)
*healthy eating, stopping eating at 9 pm
*drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
*Starbucks: Non fat latte's and half a biscotti
*I will record my food online at Sparkpeople.  (EVERYTHING I take in!)
*No take out (except for Subway or Quiznos)
*Splurge once a week on Sunday nights on whatever we want (probably nachos!)

Calories: I will around 1200 - 1500 daily. 
Cliff will eat between 1500 - 1800 daily.

Vitamins:
Women's multi, vitamin C, D, fish oils, calcium, magnesium.

Sleep: I am going to try to get into bed by 11 pm each night for 10 weeks

Weigh In:
Every Sunday morning for 10 weeks (final weigh in bring scale and weigh in with the group)

Before Photos: To be taken and posted

After Photos: To be taken and posted

Measurements: Before and After for sure!

Rewards:
Fitting back into my size sixes, and maybe size fours?
Feeling good about myself
Every 10 pounds: A pedicure
When I hit 145 pounds: I will go for my very first facial (I never went when I hit 199 pounds first time around) maybe a deluxe facial.
Goal Weight: Zoom teeth whitening (Zoom)

This contest, and marathon will take us almost until our 11th wedding anniversary. I hope to reward each other with a pair of new wedding bands. Maybe even a vow renewal. September, well that is the month of my 20 year high school reunion.





No comments:

Post a Comment